Find out the supported samples¶
- ctrlX Data Layer Client Light
- ctrlX Data Layer Client Bulk
- ctrlX Data Layer Client
- ctrlX Data Layer Provider
- ctrlX Diagnostics Logbook
- AppData File Storage
- ctrlX Data Layer Calculation operations
- ctrlX Data Layer Client Browse
- ctrlX Data Layer Client Subscription
- ctrlX Data Layer Provider All Data Types
- Example Remote Debugging with Python
- ctrlX Data Layer + Webserver
Build a Snap¶
See Samples Overview
Working with Visual Studio Code¶
Visual Studio Code Extensions for Python¶
- Start Visual Studio Code on your host computer.
- Connect to your SDK build environment.
- Open the folder of a Python sample under samples-python/
- Install the extension 'Python from Microsoft': Install in SSH:...
Working with a Python Sample Project¶
- From the main menu click File --> Open Folder and select the folder of your desired Python project.
- Start a bash terminal within the main menu item - Terminal - New Terminal.
- Install or upgrade the ctrlX Data Layer build and runtime environment.
sudo dpkg -i ../..deb/ctrlx-datalayer*.deb
Install a Virtual Environment¶
We recommend to create and activate a virtual Python environment for your project. Furthermore all required packages have to be installed.
Call this script from the command line:
The script runs following commands:
virtualenv -p python3 venv source venv/bin/activate pip3 install -r requirements.txt
A subfolder venv/ will be created and activated as virtual environment which contains the Python runtime and all required packages.
Hints: The terminal console path begins with (venv). With Ctrl+Shift+P open the "Command Palette..." and select "Python: Select Interpreter", then 'venv/bin/python' from the virtual environment.
Debugging with Visual Studio Code¶
- Open main.py
- Select the Python interpreter: Shift+Ctrl+P --> Select 'Python ... ('venv':venv) ... Recommended' *)
- Set a breakpoint to the first code line e.g. import ...
- Press F5 (Start Debugging)
*) Click update icon if 'Python ... ('venv':venv) ... Recommended' doesn't appear.
Enable SSH access to your ctrlX CORE.
Watch trace of your snap on the ctrlX CORE e.g.:
$ sudo snap logs -f sdk-py-provider-alldata
Debugging Python code on the ctrlX CORE is described here Remote Debugging Python.
Please join the Developer Community
If you've found an error in these samples, please file an issue